I work in one company for many years and this is first time we got worker with hear impairment. Some of friends call him deaf, but I realized the new one is able to hear me if I talk slowly and loud enough. I do not want to avoid his presence, which is why I need some information. Can anyone tell me how to spoke to people with hear impairment, because I want to help. I would appreciate to hear answer from person who suffers from hear impairment on his or her own.

Since birth, I have problem with profound hearing loss, which means I have a 90% loss of hearing ability. That is a bigger loss than the average hearing-impaired individual is, but I get used on this since I was born this way. First, I want to say that by definition, the term hearing impaired does not necessarily mean completely deaf as most people think. Not all hearing impaired people are 100% deaf, so term hearing impaired is more correct than the word deaf is. However, it is very difficult for me to follow people when they speak to me. If other people speak too quickly, it is nearly impossible for me to keep up, such as a professor at a lecture is doing. They move around, do not face me, talk too fast, and are too far away for me to lip-read, which I have to do with my hearing impairment. Even during ideal conditions, it is still extremely difficult for me to follow people because some sounds in speech can go beyond my hearing limits. Several things make speech communications easier for me and for every person with hearing impairment, as a bright lighting, little background noise, and facing me directly. Do not move your head around and talking slowly, preferably one phrase at a time on correct distance.