Hi there. I have found out that some people have sudden hearing loss which can be caused by many reasons. Also, I’ve heard something about autoimmune diseases that are epidemiologically associated with sudden hearing loss, called Cogan's syndrome. Can you explain to me what is that? Thank you in advance for your patience and time.

Sudden hearing loss syndrome is a sudden decrease or loss of hearing in one or both ears. This may be preceded by a static sound or ringing in the ears before or at the time the hearing loss occurs. There are several known autoimmune diseases that are epidemiologically associated with sudden hearing loss and one of them is Cogan's syndrome that was first described by Cogan, an ophthalmologist, in the 1940s. It occurs primarily in young adults and it appearance is connected with hearing loss which develop within several months of each other.