Hello, folks. The last time when I had a fever, I took an aspirin as usual. However, something unusual happened. After 20 minutes, I began getting a strange rash. I also had some breathing difficulties. Later, I found out I had aspirin allergy. I was shocked. I mean, what am I going to do now? Are there any ideas?

Hi, there. Aspirin allergy is not as unusual as some people think. You don’t know whether you are allergic to other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Nevertheless, it can happen that you are allergic to them as well. You should be cautious. Be careful when buying over-the-counter medications for fever. Many of them contain aspirin, although it isn’t marked clearly on the package. There is an option of aspirin desensitization. I am not sure how this method is successful. You would have to check this with a doctor. Good luck!