Hi, folks. My friend complained me over the phone how she had jewelry allergy. I didn’t make to ask her what her symptoms are. I would like to do that here. I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me the main symptoms of jewelry allergy. I hope this won’t bother you much.

Hi, there. Jewelry allergy is not a rare thing. My mother’s friend had it. She had to take off all her expensive jewelry because of the allergy. Her main symptom was rash. It was present on the places where her jewelry was. She didn’t have breathing problems or swelling. But, she visited dermatologist. She also took antihistamines and steroid ointments. I hope your friend will be better as well. Good luck!

Jewellery allergy usually refers to an allergic response to nickel which is found in most jewellery. Even high carat gold has some nickel content which may pose problems for some people. Symptoms usually only involve the skin that is in contact with the jewellery. Nickel may also be found in watch straps, belt buckles and jeans studs. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Jewellery allergy is available below.
Symptoms of Jewellery allergy
Click to Check

* Localized skin itching
* Localized skin redness
* Localized skin blistering
* Localized skin swelling

I just wanted to mention an alternative solution to only buying jewelry that contains no nickel, or using creams on your skin. There's a product called Super Surface Eco that is available in Japan. But recently it looks like the seller has decided to make it available to North Americans too, by allowing for PayPal payments. They also ship to North America. It's a high-quality, ultra-thin coating for jewelry that eliminates the need to worry about allergic reactions. You'd have to take the time to coat every piece of jewelry you own but I'd way it's a worthwhile endeavor considering you could just stop thinking about it after that point. Here's the link for anyone who wants to read more:

Lisa

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed