I walked away from a doctor's appointment knowing that I might have a zinc deficiency yesterday and I am hoping for the results of my blood test back in a few day's time. If I do turn out to have a zinc deficiency, what would the next step be? How is a zinc deficiency treated?

Zinc deficiency is very common condition and it’s considered that one-third of the world is at risk of zinc deficiency which can be very dangerous once it becomes too large. Zinc deficiency is typically the result of inadequate dietary intake of zinc, diseases that contribute to zinc losses or states of increased needs for zinc intake. To combat zinc deficiency it’s recommended to add zinc additives to the food, modify the diet so you can use maximum amounts of nutrients and, of course, it’s crucial that you add regular zinc supplements to your daily routine.