Hi, I am 21 years old female, and I have a weight problem. I’ve been starving for months, and I lost only 5 pounds. When will I see some results?

Starving is a wrong approach to the diet. You won’t have any benefits from starving. Even if you lose some weight, every pound will return when you stop starving. Your metabolism will become so slow, and it will become more and more difficult to lose some weight. You will have vitamin and mineral deficiency, which always has a bad effect on metabolism, immune system, skin, hair, and many other things. If you wont to lose some weight and remain healthy, you should have 5 meals a day that contain fruit, vegetables, yoghurt and fish. This way, your metabolism will have a normal function, and all the food you eat will be better used. Start doing some exercises too, because it’s the best way to lose fat.

starving yourself eventually f**ks up your insides my sister did that lost hella weight and she was sick easily and my sister is like super clean with everything and her breath was constantly smelling bad and she always brushed to

You need to eat to lose weight. Otherwise, your metabolism goes into a protective mode and you hardly burn any calories, and you also feel tired and sluggish.

It's really important that you understand how calories work and how many calories your body needs to survive.

Do some research on "Resting Metabolic Rate". That's how many calories you burn per day just being alive. You can calculate that number, and then add in the amount of exercise you get per day.

One pound of fat is 3,500 calories. So, if you eat 3,500 calories less than you burn, you're scientifically guaranteed to lose one pound. However, you've got to get your metabolism moving again!

There is a website called "How Stuff Works" and they have an article there entitled "How Dieting Works." It does a great job of explaining all this stuff. I learned a lot from it and lost about 30-35 pounds.

Good luck!

To starve yourself can actually make you gain weight. Your body will start thinking that you are going by hard times, so when you do eat, your fat stores will grow because your body wants to survive through hard times.

Eat 6 small meals a day (if possible). Cut out Sugar and sugarring carbs (thats not ALL carbs by any means) and also watch your saturated fat. Calories and general fat arent a huige deal. Drink lots of water, eat 5 fruit/veg a day, do some exercise and enjoy the progress you will make. Also, don't measure your WEIGHT as muscle is heavier than fat and exercising will mean less inches but not actual weight on the scales. If you want to lose inches and firm up without eating properly or doing any exercise then you're going to be very disappointed. Also, you may lose some weight and.or inches then stop, but keep with it as it will start again. the first huge bit of loss is usually downt o water retention so stick with the steadier losses that will happen afterwards. be patient :-)

You are probably not eating enough,as strange as that sounds. The best way is to keep a food diary. The first week of a diet, stick to 1200 calories. The next week, stay at 1600 calories. You need to eat 3 normal meals per day and 3 snacks of 100 calories. You should see a weight lose within a week or 2. It takes 1 week for the body to go into starvation mode. So when you do 1200 the first week, your body is getting ready to hang on to everything you eat. Then you hit it with 1600, it says it is ok to let go of the fat. Exercise is also very important.And drink plenty of water, at least 6/ 8oz glasses per day. It flushes out toxins and makes you body work efficiently.It also improves your skin.