Hi! I am 36 years old woman. I am overweight, so I keep a diet. I lose pounds, but I also loss a hair. Can Iron or protein deficiency cause my hair loss?

Hi! Nutritional deficiencies can be a reason for accelerated hair shedding or temporary hair loss. Hair problems that are caused by nutritional deficiencies can be corrected by a proper diet. Principal nutrients that are involved include vitamin A, certain B vitamins, the vitamin biotin, vitamin C, copper, iron, zinc, protein, and water. Iron’s main job is to carry oxygen in the hemoglobin of red blood cells. Iron deficiency can lead to a condition called anemia and can lead to possible hair loss or increased hair shedding. Protein is needed by every cell in the body, including the cells needed in normal hair growth. Without adequate protein intake, the body cannot efficiently make new hair to replace the hair that has shed. I can make conclusion. Iron and protein deficiency can be cause for hair loss. See your doctor immediately.

Hi there

Since i gained weight, i started loosing hair, as well as started growing access hair everywhere else..

when i went to doctors they said i might have a possibility of POS.. and the hair loss was caused by too much male hormones (testosterone)

once you lose your weight, it will help your hair growth :-)

to help my hair ive also purchased hairmax.. :-)