Is there a vitamin deficiency that can cause hair loss in women? Are there any studies working on that or something similar?

Lots of theories. If someone knew for sure, they would be rich.

yes, I agree that there are some of the theories, but some of them are true. for example, vitamin D deficiency has been linked to alopecia, but also with some other types of hair loss had low levels of vitamin D. But, you should also know that hair loss is generally attributed to stress, which is certainly a common cause. so, try to get rid of the stress and try to deal with the situations in the normal way. Also, drink a lot of water and exercise. One tip - biotin for hair growth can help you for sure. Good luck there. 

lots of meds can cause hair loss in anyone; it's amazing they don't tell you that up front.

stress, meds, i'd imagine a substantial lack of some vitamin may cause it. i stopped drying my hair and no more hair loss. there's nothing on the floor anymore

I know this isn't an aging thing because you shouldn't be able to wash your hair and have a handful of hair that has fallen out. I don't dry my hair with a hair dryer, either.

I was just curious if it was possible that a vitamin deficiency could cause such amazing hairloss.

Hey, I just found this:

Vitamin A, for example, is also important for the hair's health. However, excessive intake of vitamin A can actually cause hair loss. The key is moderation, and a well balanced diet ensures the right amount of vitamins without the risk of over dosage.

Do minerals such as zinc help hair loss?
Iron deficiency can cause a diffuse hair loss which can be corrected by taking iron supplements.

Deficiency of other minerals are unusual under normal circumstances. Zinc deficiency may cause hair loss in babies who inherit an inability to absorb zinc, and adults who are on intravenous feeding (feeding through the veins). Normal individuals, however, receive more than enough zinc in the food that they take. Seafood and animal meats, whole grain products, wheat bran and germ and Brewer's yeast are all rich sources of zinc.

Zinc supplements have been given to patients with alopecia areata (patchy baldness), but the benefits are unconvincing. Moreover, the doses required for treatment often cause side effects such as nausea and may interfere with the absorption of other essential minerals such as copper. Generally, mineral supplements are unnecessary. Just take a well balanced diet and rest assured that you will receive all the minerals necessary for hair growth.