I know that many people will hate me when they read this but I have been slim all my life and have never been on a diet and have never exercised. I didn’t have any need for it. However, years went by and my physical condition is getting worse. Yesterday I read that I am in such a loss for not exercising as exercise is so good for both bones and joints especially when we get older. Is there anybody who could explain to me the benefits of exercising considering my problem? Thank you

Don’t worry, it is never too late to start exercising. It doesn’t have to be an excessive exercising, you can simply do some of the following: going for a brisk walk or working in the yard or going for a bike ride. Benefits of regular exercise are slows the loss of muscle mass, strengthens bones, reduces joint and muscle pain, relieves joint stiffness and improves mobility and balance. For people suffering from arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, or other chronic conditions, as well as for people recovering from surgery lack of activity can make a condition worse or difficult to live with. Physical activity is important for older adults because it can lower the risk of heart disease or heart attack, lower blood pressure, control diabetes, and help maintain a healthy weight level.