Hi, I believe that my roommate is xanax addict. How can I help her? she has some family problems, but taking drugs i snot going to help her.

Hi, it is not rear to see people misusing drugs. Xanax addiction occurs if patient has been taking high doses over long periods of time. The problem is that a body develops a tolerance for Xanax. Consequently, more drug is required to achieve the same effect. If she stops suddenly to take it, there would be withdrawal symptoms. Both a physical and emotional addiction are noticed in Xanax addicts. It is often combined with alcohol to increase the effect. The abuse of Xanax is noticed through feelings of euphoria and increased sociability.

Hi rossman, nice to see that you are concerned about your roommate. I think it will be great if you can tell me about how long has she been abusing xanax? Family problem is one of the most usual problems which throw an addict to the deep hole of addiction. Xanax abuse affects the Central Nervous System (CNS) directly which in turn slows down normal brain functioning. You can take her for rehabilitation. These rehabilitation centers have a good lot of programs and I am sure that you will find one such program for your roommate as well. For any further information you can ask me and I will help you as per requirement.
Best of luck.