I have been taking Xanax for 8 years 4mg a day and in the last 5 years i became hooked on Vicadon, Norco, and then when I couldnt get them I would get Herion and smoke it, last year I was hooked on Oxycotton and Morphine and when I couldnt get them anymore I went back to Herion. I was doing it for a month and then I got some methadone to try and get off the Herion. I did the Methadone one day 2 of them and mixied them with two Xanax and didnt feel anything so the next day I got four Methadone and mixed it with 3 Xanax, I passed out and while I was asleep I had a heart attach, I woke up in the hospital with liver and kidney failure and was in there for 5 days. Is this a common thing? I havent used Herion or any other drugs except Xanax for the last year, I also use to mix Xanax and Morphine and all other pain killers. Thanks for your time.......................

my friend died during a recreational drug binge in march of this year. he was 29 years old.

he took, 30mg methadone and about 8 - 10 xanax.

he never woke up again and died in his sleep.
as far as i can tell, you have to be really careful mixing methadone... it causes respiratory depression and people take it when they aren't tolerant enough. mixing with benzos is bad.

as far as i can tell, you have to be really careful mixing methadone... it causes respiratory depression and people take it when they aren't tolerant enough. mixing with benzos is bad. you are lucky to have made it through..

sorry im new here.. i think i posted that more than once... my mistake.

I have struggled with meth for a long time. When I went through treatment, I saw a doc, and he prescribed me to Klonopin (benzo like xanax), and a few different anti depressents. The Klonopins helped me with my cravings, to relax and forget about wanting dope. The common mistake I think people make, is they think that is a permanent fix, and dont try to go the distance of sobriety. I am not a sober freak at all, I still have my fun, when I want to and I have no priorities that will get messed up from it. Self discipline is the key, and finding it inside yourself is not easy. Once your comfortable, doing the drugs, its hard to find discomfort in it.

All my friends are into oxycontin. Its odd, cuz Ive never seen a more ridiculous group when it comes to excuses, and self pity. Stupid stuff, like having to buy some xanax so they can snort it with the oxy so they dont do too much opiates. And everything on their bodies is always hurting, but they cant realize its the side effects from the opiates. Because of the ignorance Ive lost 6 good friends due to overdoses, all are heroin/oxy/methadone, mixed with benzodiazapene situations. One friend had a 3 month old daughter. Another shot up way too much, while driving down the road, in his work truck, then took some xanax to calm down, cuz he thought he was going to die. 20 min later he fell asleep at the wheel, killed him, is brother, and a pregnant woman in another car.

I dont know all the technical babble when it comes to these drugs. But I do know, that mixing an opiate with benzo is incredibly dangerous. The amount you take does not matter, its the chemical reaction that can kill u. Be careful and only do it, when you have to. Talk to your doctor about suboxen.

Have your fun, but dont end your life doing it.....take care

Its not a good idea at all to mix drugs.My brother was 19 and he took methadone and xanax he went to sleep and never woke up.So please don't mix your pills like that.

:-( I just wanted to let every that has posted something about Methadone mixing with Xanax, I appreciate it, because I have previously been taking my prescribed xanax and I bought some methadone off of someone. This just scared the c**p out of me and makes me want to flush the Methadone because that is so dangerous. I wish that more people would take the time to read up on the meds they are taking. I am glad I read this, because if I hadn't then I would be one of those people who went to sleep and never woke up.

I just got some 160 bars of Xanax and some methadone off a buddy of mine and some hydrocodone10/500, but im worried about mixing all 3 of these, like maybe a 4mg Xanax 20 mg metha and a 40mg hydro. Im wondering if anyone has used this combo and how it worked for them, because that sounds like its kinda pushin the limits. Thank You

my 17 year old son died 3 weeks ago from mixing opiates and xanax, just like the rest of you dummies. Please, do yourself and your friends/families a favor and get some help.

dmstylistik wrote:

I just got some 160 bars of Xanax and some methadone off a buddy of mine and some hydrocodone10/500, but im worried about mixing all 3 of these, like maybe a 4mg Xanax 20 mg metha and a 40mg hydro. Im wondering if anyone has used this combo and how it worked for them, because that sounds like its kinda pushin the limits. If youve never taken xanax before then becareful with the bars they are 2mg each. Which is quite a bit. Ive been on methadone for 2yrs, and I do have a high tolerance, but xanax and methadone are not a good mix bro. The hydro and xanax in my experience isnt as dangerous. Ive finally found a doctor to wean me off the methadone, and I use a benzo, was librium, now valium, but im goin back to librium. I also take clonidine which helps with my hypertension and withdrawls from weaning off methadone. Anyone whos had to experience serious withdrawls from methadone knows people shouldnt start taking it without considering many different options first. Opiates and xanax both cause respiratory problems so usually people with low tolerance for one or both take too much and its fatal. So dont take all three, definetly not all at once. If your going to do it try 1mg/twiceday xanax 10mg methadone. But thats just advice if your going to do it regardless of what everyone is trying to tell you.Im not in no way encouraging you, cause your starting into some hardcore shizzle. Be very careful, cause thats a whole lot of xanax you got if they are the bars. Ive been there and didnt realize how close Ive come to meeting the Almighty, Im almost off my methadone. Good luck to you and every1 struggling, we all need to help eachother. RED

Ive been on a high dose of methadone (on and off) for over 9 years now. I am currently taking 70ml of the 1mg/1ml liquid (non-sugared ofc! :p). Now Im worried as I've been taking alot of xanax recently, maybe 12 1mg 's yesterday and 16 today, I've also been drinking quite heavily, and the week before I consumed 28 5ml Nitrazepam in 3 or 4 days. I've been addicted to benzodiazepines for some time but they just stop giving you them after a while.

I have repeated this cycle quite alot recently and I have been so close to a full recovery.

I have a deep hatred of illicit opiates now as they have ruined my body, I use my experiences to scare youngsters on the right track.

I am only 28 years old

I understand you're upset, but you have no right to judge. I find it very degrading of you to refer to us users as "dummies."

Please, please, please get help. LIke the mother above, I just lost my 18 year old son two weeks ago from mixing xanax and opiates. Please, I beg you, stop! My son never thought this would happen to him. He didn't want this and he would have never wanted to cause his family and family of friends this much devastation. If I can save just one person, oh god, I would do anything. Please, get help, or do whatever it takes to help someone else who is testing the limits like this. My son went to sleep and never woke up and now my life will never be the same again, his baby brothers will never know him. Please love yourself and your family and stop.

Please, please, please get help. LIke the mother above, I just lost my 18 year old son two weeks ago from mixing xanax and opiates. Please, I beg you, stop! My son never thought this would happen to him. He didn't want this and he would have never wanted to cause his family and family of friends this much devastation. If I can save just one person, oh god, I would do anything. Please, get help, or do whatever it takes to help someone else who is testing the limits like this. My son went to sleep and never woke up and now my life will never be the same again, his baby brothers will never know him. Please love yourself and your family and stop. If I can do anything reach me through my email.