I have older sister that is 20 years old now and she worries me lately. I know very well how joint looks like and I know what marijuana is. Few days ago I found one in her bag, but I thought it was just for trial, so I didn’t comment that. Anyway, yesterday I found two joints so now I wonder if she get used to marijuana. Can someone develop marijuana addiction so fast?

Long-term marijuana use can lead to addiction for some people. That happens if they use the drug compulsively even though it interferes with family, school, work, and recreational activities. Drug craving and withdrawal symptoms can make it hard for long-term marijuana smokers to stop using this drug. Irritability, sleeplessness, and anxiety were reported by people who got addiction and tried to stop using marijuana. They also display increased aggression on psychological tests, peaking approximately one week after the last use of marijuana. Scientists have found that whether an individual has positive or negative sensations after smoking marijuana can be influenced even by heredity. A 1997 study demonstrated that identical male twins were more likely than non-identical male twins to report similar responses to marijuana use. This is something what indicates a genetic basis for their response to the drug. Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug, as a dry, shredded green/brown mix of flowers, stems, seeds, and leaves of the hemp plant Cannabis sativa. It is usually smoked as a cigarette or so called joint, and nail, or in a pipe or bong. It also is smoked in blunts, which are cigars that have been emptied of tobacco and refilled with marijuana.

This is the most ridiculous question I’ve ever heard. It’s not possible to be physically addicted to marijuana, your sister most likely just likes to have a good time, and if she continues with her life unabated, there is no reason to bother her about it. Also, you should probably work on your spelling, and sentence structure.

Yeah, I used to believe you couldn't become physically addicted to pot either. But, you definitely can. I do agree that she was just having a good time. Addiction is something to worry about when the drug starts interfering with their lives significantly.

okey,i've been smoking weed for 16years now (i'm 30 this year) i'm working as a prison guard in a Swedish Prison called Kumla and i have no problems with my life at all. I smoke everyday After work,the only problem i have is that i can't sleep without it,but that's just in the way when i'm with my family somewhere or something with relatives,i have a healthy 10 year old kid who skates and plays football,no problems with him,my wife is in the 4th moth with our next kid,we are both healthy and happy,i am glad that i smoke,very... i'm stoned atm... so who cares if your sister smokes? who cares if anyone smokes? The Society does,but do YOU really care?

Please stop Making weed so god damn dirty,If u wanna be happy then remove Alcohol from the market and bring in the weed!

Don't worry about it. She's not an addict, shes not gonna get 'reffer madness'. Marijuana is not a gateway drug; alcohol is.

Shes 20..she's an adult, she can make her own decisions. It's just a plant.

End the DEA's illegal war on drugs...