Battling Morphine Addiction is the only thing we are preparing ourselves these days. Our son, 23 years old, had always been in a bad company. He never used drugs before, but he admitted that he was on morphine last couple of months. He said that he is willing to cooperate, because he wants out of this hell, his words. He said that one of his friends died from overdose and that he does not want that to happen to him. Can you point us to the right direction?

The most important thing for your son is a complete support of his family, and he already has that. Great! Even though, he was addicted for only couple of months, you do realize that he already became an addict. I would strongly advise you to seek some professional help. There are many quality institutions whose only function is helping the drug addicts with their problems. Take him there, that would be the best help you could give him for now.

my fiance is coming down after using & abusing morphine & percocets after two years of use it's not even been a day since the last pill and about a day since the last patch came off is there any thing at home i can do to help her?

Let me know if you find anything. My husband has been on both for 6 years and they cut him off dry. I've been told this in inhuman, but haven't found anyone to help.

It really depends on how bad the addiction is. Most people can't stop the addiction by themselves and they do need help wheather it be outpatient or inpatient help. There are many doctors out there who specialize in addictions and will beable to prescribe him something that will help him get off the drugs. Suboxone is a popular drug that individuals use to stop opiate abuse.