Hello

I'm a 32 year old female who used to love life, my job, school, my friends, etc...All my life I was fairly happy, however, (not knowing then it was signs of seizures, etc) emotional and anger outbursts, but just figured it was anxiety, pms. I didn't use barley even drank. at 26 I had foot surgery and was on meds for almost a year for the pain. I haven't been the same since. My anxiety had increased, (signs of siezure disorder) still didn't know that's what it was. I was addicted and stopped taking them but didn't suffer too much. However, emotionally and physically i was never the same. Eventually I had my first grand mal in 2010 that's when I learned I had epilepsy and the siezures were so severe cuz i was w/d. Now i'm in deeper than ever because of my anxiety and depression (it's the side of my brain that effects my emotions, coordination, attitude, etc) and the pain meds were not working anymore and moved onto brown. (never shot or smoked) just sniffed. I never ever even got high i just did it so i wouldn't be sick and have more serious, deadly seizures. I'm still in this position, want it out of my life more than ever but I'm scared to be sick and scared to have seizures. No one understands, even my family doesn't know about my addiction. I guess (if I was stable from the seizures which i'm not) then i would be a functioning addict (thats what I tell myself anyways) which I know is not true. My problem is if I tell my docs i have an addiction they won't take my epilepsy as seriously, and if I don't stop i could die. I have no kids, never have and I never ever even wanna be high just not sick. Any advice or anyone who is going through the same thing by any chance?

Hello, my mother use to be a drug addict and she just could not get help..... then a miracle happened and she went to twelve oaks in Florida. It changed her life forever. She met the love of her life there and I really think it can help you. And just so you know...... it does affect everyone around you. I am 13 and it ruined my life but I am still living and everyone one deserves another chance and twelve oaks sounds like it can really help you for ANY addictions

Ask your doctor about Neurontin or Lyrica. It's for epilepsy and also has an off label use for anxiety. It's been called "A miracle drug". LOL

My step-son is also addicted to several drugs and never had a seizure until about two years ago....he only has a seizure when he is out of pills. He will take anything from xanax, somas, tramadol, drink alcohol, among other things in excess. Everytime he takes tramadol, he has a seizure. He has grand-mal seizures too and like you, he is scared of being straight and scared of the siezures so he keeps taking everything in excess....what to do to get him help? I have no clue...he is 25 and grown with no hope of getting treatment. He has been told he was epileptic, but he did not tell the doctor about his drug use for fear they would take his xanax away from him. How do you help someone like this??? The emotional outbursts, the fights with violence and his habit is ruining our lives and his...frustrated and needing advice....please, someone tell me something useful!!!!