I was in a single car accident, so police took me to the hospital for blood and urine test. I told the officer that I had taken cocaine the night before, but nothing that night. I was also taking some Xanax and Methadone. I had not been to the doctor for four months and apparently my tolerance was not was it used to be. I take Methadone every day as well as Xanax, and they do not affect me or my ability to drive. I want to know if there is any connection between my car accident and those medications.

Methadone was for the first time created in Germany after World War II. It was used to suppress coughing until doctors in the 1960s found a better use for it. With its ability to block certain brain receptors, methadone could end the craving of the heroin addicts. Methadone clinics popped it up in the nation's big cities. It also has addictive qualities; though far less than what is associated with a heroin. That is why it is still popular between users of Methadone. It was also supposed to cure heroin addiction. The synthetic drug has long-lasting power and when is mixed with the wrong dose of other drugs, illegal or prescribed, it might kill. That’s why Methadone is known as dangerous in combination of Xanax. There were cases where young men died because of this lethal combination. You should ask you doctor as soon as it’s possible to change those medications. Definitely you shouldn’t mix Methadone with Xanax, that is already proven by those tragically cases of death.

I will back up lucitas post with a comment from a confirmed drug addict, Jackson Mcmasters, "Methadone is hard.....Xanx is bad.....Methadone and Xanax? Hehehehehehehehehe,....,,.............don't mess around, futhermucker....that combo will make you so zombulated you won't even know it's happened to you.....twilight zone, shi*.....whatever you do...DON'T. CROSS. THE. STREAMS......AND, don't mix methadone and xanax."

Listen closely, I just stopped by to tell anyone here if they are on xannys while on methadone, you are eventually going to die. I know, I know, you've heard it all before, your close friends and even relatives have crossed over due to the same circumstances, but it will never happen to you. One of the reasons why the medical communtiy is so against giving out methadone to people is because they cannot trust their patients to keep their name clear and to respect the help the doctors are giving them. I just had to vent on this subject because I hate that people screw some things up for others. Now, I know not everyone fits into that category. I mean, I take methadone and I guess sometimes I wish I had more freedom, just because I take methadone for addiction evolved from pain management shouldn't mean that I have to feel imprisoned with little options for a way out. I may just be thinking that way right now, who knows. But, and I do know some people need xanax , I'm mainly grouping all the other people who sell and buy right at the clinics. I mean, DAMN> why screw up the folks that are trying to stay clean, live as normal a life as possible, work and raise their children. The clinic I am going to is trying to weed out all the folks that wont stop taking stuff like xanax and other drugs that isnt being prescribed to them. They should in my opinion because the clinic is for opiate addiciton not barbituate addiction. If you still have to take everything under the sun plus a high ass dose of methadone them the program is not working for you. You are causing the people who really are serious about recovery to have problems getting the help and support they need by being a statistic of a seriously uncaring majority which will aid in the red tape associated with me and my recovery. I know I Know, addiction and addictive behavior has a way of manifesting itself in the blaming of others,,,,yeah yeah yeah, but what i say is true, and I am not alone in feeling this way. I wish that those of us that are serious could come up with a way to only or at least try to be around others like us. Maybe a new kind of clinic where rules are stricter with a hightened intake approval system or something along those lines. I dunno. I know I just blabbing on and on about things that will not change. UNLESS>>>>>hahahahah WE ALL START A REVOLUTION TO TAKE OVER THE WORLDhahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAH L LllLOVE lOCO mEOWEOSKI. bY ALL/

A good friend of mine died last week from this combo. Methadone is used to get you off pills and the like(heroin). Please don't mix it with any other meds without your doctors approval. I know my friend wished now that he didn't. I sure miss him and i know his mother's life will never be the same. Good luck on fighting your addiction. I know it is hard bacause i am also addicted. I will not take methadone bc of all the adverse effects it has with other meds and i can not trust myself not to mix them so i will never start taking methadone. Their is a new device that can be inserted in your stomach that helps overcome your cravings. Maybe you could check into that before you have to check into the morque. I hope this helps one person because then i will feel like my friend didn't die for no reason. Rest in peace Stewart!!! :-(

There's nothing wrong with taking xanax and methadone if the same doctor prescirbed them.

You should use care while driving, don't drive until you've settle into both medications, usualy the lowest working dose is the perfect dose. You don't feel high of this amount once settled in (affter a few weeks).

I'm sorry about your daughter but I dont think you should blaime everyone who happens to be taking an anti-anxiety medication along with methadone for pain or addiction. I'm on both drugs, the Ministry of Transport knows , and I drive a cube van for a living. So if the doctors say it's okay, and the ministry isn't stoping me. Why the hell is your opinion more important then theres.

(John Doe, dictated but not read)

a friend of my didn't wake up this morning, purchased 4 xanax & 4 methodone wafers last nite, don't know how much of it he took, but I do know he didn't wake up. Rest in peace, Ivan

doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that if ANS was taking these two powerful drugs that she probably died of an overdose.....but it gets really interesting when one wonders if she had been systematically overdosed over a period of time.......wow..probably the perfect crime...ive got some ideas about this ...don't you?

doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that if ANS was taking these two powerful drugs that she probably died of an overdose.....but it gets really interesting when one wonders if she had been systematically overdosed over a period of time....might turn out to be the "perfect crime."

What if you took 5 xanax the night before and take 20 mg Methdone the day after the xanax? Would you bo ok then?.....

people, please if you never read another post. If you never consider another thought. Please pay very close attention to me.
My mother, was put on methadone for pain management, she also suffers from severe depression. Her doctor gave her xanex.
She was so out of her mind she did things and didnt even remember doing them. She said things that were totally out of character for her.
She told her 13 year old granddauther that she was dying due to a heart attack. This is the worst and evilist combination ever. Please if your doctor does give you a presc. to combine the two. talk to him first.
I am begging you I came so close to loosing my mommy and it sucked.

I have ben taking Xanax and Depecote for 12 YEARS and Methadone for 10 years and they are prescribed and the clinic I go to knows what I am taking and nothing has ever ben said that I should discontinue my Xanax.
How is a person supposed to get the straight scoop when everyone gives a differant opinion.
Totally confused!
_[removed]_

>:(

my friend couldn't handle the withdrawls from opiates and he was taking a lot of different stuff. he just took whatever whenever he got it but he was real careful to never overdo it and never mix anything like my stupid ass does but his very first (1st) trial with the withdrawls was too much for him to handle and he was the most likely to succeed til he shot himself in the head on july 4 and left me his best friend all alone do not f**k with drugs and definitely dont mix the drugs

my friend john was smoking weed one night and he found his mothers xanax so he decided to mix them both and smoke it .... Is this deadly

In regards to a few people ruining for all, this couldn't be more true. Hopefully some of the people in which I'm about to describe will read this and maybe take it into consideration. I have been on the methadone clinic in my area for two years now, I have my "take homes" so every Thursday when I go to pick up I see people outside running around the parking lot selling their medication to by heroin, cocaine, or whatever. The clinic is for recovery, not just a means of "staying well". I go inside and while I'm in line you always hear people complaining about the doctor for detoxing them or he just doesn't like them, meanwhile they have had dirty after dirty of coke, benzo's etc. You know the general rules, I know they may be different for everyone, but it due to one's reputation one has brought on one's self.

Point being if your going to cry about the consequences of your actions then go back to stealing and tricking and waiting on the man for 1,2 even 3 hours sometimes risking your freedom so people who really want and need to be on the program for their recovery are able to.