I have injured my back and leg about six months ago. I go recovered fast but keep on having the problems with leg spasms, so I was prescribed soma. So I was supposed to have finished the soma treatment a month ago but I think that meanwhile I earned soma addiction. Do you think it’s possible to get soma addicted in such a short time? The fact is that soma helps me now even during headaches actually I think I got soma addicted for I take it whenever I have some pain problems. So if this is a sign of a soma addiction I would rather escape it somehow.

Well I never heard that someone is soma addicted but who know, strange thing happens all the time. I also take soma and some other drugs if I’m in pain but it’s not that often. It sounds to me like you were on soma for longer time and now of course have a problem to get out of it because you are aware that soma is good muscle relaxant and also pain reliever. It affected your central nervous system and that is what causes you a problem to stop taking it but I’m sure anyway that you’re not supposed to quit soma so sudden- actually you need to something like soma withdrawal and I bet in about few months you’ll be like new. At least it was so for me, just get off the soma gradually and try to avoid taking it any time you have some pain or for every single spasm in your leg, who knows by doing so you might even become soma addicted.

Soma is extremely addicting, it pretty much a slight revision of a popular recreational sedative drug in the 60's called miltown, infact once taken some metabolizes into miltown (meprobamate)

They are not the same and they have many different properities. You can actually work your way up nto 30 doses a day of meprobamate, though I don't advise it. If you tried that with soma you would be dead by about 6.
Also while people have been known to take as much as 8 Norco (10/325) a day, again don't do this, if you did that with Darvon you again would be dead. Drug abuse is self abuse. Love yourself and the people who love you. I am for the second time detoxing a client from an 8 Norco, three Soma and some Phenergan four times a day type habit. She had been clean for a year, when she was rear ended and sustained disk damage, she had healed and now we have to go through this again. Addicts cannot take drugs. Get help there is so much out there help you!

AI have been on somas for years. i have no insurance so sometimes when i run out and have a script to fill i have to wait till i get paid next. usually 2 weeks.. NEVER EVER have i withdrawled!!! my spasms and back muscle pain comes back, totally sucks.. its a toss up  have somewhere to live or be in no pain.  I also disagree with addicts cant take drugs. My sister years ago was addicted to opiotes for years. got clean and sober, has a kid and family now and is on anxiety meds for panic attacks. she does not abuse them. she takes everything the way her Dr says to. And if and ex addict, lets say, gets severly injured or needs surgery.....you think after the DR fixes them all up and would normally send pain meds home,cause that perticular person was an addict, you feel they should get nothing and lay in pain for weeks or months?? Thats pretty cruel. And there are all sorts of ways to become addicted to something. Legally too.  My sis was in a horrible car accident and they gave her some sort of opiote for about 3-4 months. she didnt know she would become addicted. she was 18. and this was almost 16 yrs ago. 16-20 yrs ago i had NO IDEA a month on even vicoden would cause addiction. You cant just group all "addicts" together. Everyone has a different story! Ill even share another. 18 yrs ago 1 of my best friends boyfriend was doing some sort of opiote. i think after awhile he figured out that u can get addicted, so whatever it was he started crushin it up and putting it in her mornin coffee or smoothie or something, finally getting her addicted cause he didnt wanna go thru it alone. I wouldny call her an "addict" but she did get addicted to a drug by a douche. Doctors daily prescribe drugs that are addicting, but alot of them need it!  Cant wait till you need some sort of opiote for like a month and then realize ur addicted. so that would mean you will never get any more drugs the rest of your life, even if despritally needed.  

I have been taking Soma for two years for muscle tetany and I have been able to stop taking it whenever I don't feel the need for it without withdrawal or adverse effects. It is actually prescribed 350mg Q8H but since it is a CNS depressant I don't think it is wise to take it that often.

I've been taking Soma daily to help w my chronic pain problem for many years. Sometimes I run out early and have to stop taking it for a week or so until I can refill the prescription. Without it I have NO problems, withdrawal systems or cravings. At least in my case, Soma is NOT addictive. My muscle spasms get worse when I'm off it but thats the only difference. All the talk about Soma being addictive are erroneous at least in my case. I've had no ill effects or signs of addiction at all.