I am halfway into my second pack of Yaz, and everything was going great...except a little more moody (I used to just get a little short tempered a couple days before I got my period), but I've also always been a person who can control myself.

I'm 25 y/o and occasionally go out with my boyfriend or my friends to the bars. People used to describe me as a "happy drunk." Since I've been on Yaz, if I have more than a couple drinks I become a crazy maniac. I have HUGE crying spells, and make up in my head that my boyfriend isn't talking to me nicely. Last night it was really bad...my boyfriend said he thought he was going to have to call a priest to preform an exorcism. All I did was yell and scream at him and cry.

However, I'm not sure Yaz is even the culpret...I also started Wellbutrin to help me quit smoking (which I've accomplished), and Lisinopril for my blood pressure at around the same time as Yaz...I've read on other forums that some people are getting mood swings and crying spells, but I was just wondering if anyone has noticed if drinking increases it by a lot.

YAZ + ALCOHOL = >;) ????
Help!

Wow! I'm having the exact same problem. This is my first month on Yaz switching from a monophasic pill because I wanted to control my mood swings and now they are WORSE. I went out with friends this week, drinking after work and having horrible crying spells after. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. Does anyone else have this? Does it get better? Please help!

Weird... I have the exact same problem as you, MedAssist25... this has been happening for almost a year for me (since i started Yaz) and before that I was always a happy drunk.. now, even though I'm not drinking any more than I did before, I start random fights with my boyfriend for no reason and the next morning he usually has to remind me what happened. He also says its scary to see how different I become. I am going to switch pills in 2 weeks because I really think it is the Yaz that's acting weird with the alcohol. I can't think of any other explanations.

I have this exact problem too! I just thought I was crazy! I NEVER used to have problems with drinking when I was on a different birth control...always had a good time. But now that I am on Yaz I start out having a good time and then all of a sudden it's like I cross the "crazy" threshold and get ridiculously upset/crying for absolutely no reason. Thank you, I'm so glad I'm not crazy. Will look into new BC.

You know, I thought I was crazy... I went on Yaz to control my mood swings and I've gone even crazier, to the point of serious paranoia and crying jags. Let's boycott and go for IUDs :-D

Yaz is AWFUL. I'm prone to depression and the doc who gave me this stuff should have known better. It made me really mean, and paranoid. I decided to go off it mid-pack (even though docs say to finish the cycle) and I"m glad I did. It took me a while to get back to normal (two, three months?) but I started feeling better within a week or so.

For me, it was definitely, definitely the Yaz. It should be yanked off the marked. Whoever created Yaz hates women.

Also - it made my ankles very swollen, so much so I now have little blue veins you can see. I was only on it for 3 and a half months.

I guess I'm in the minority as usual.

I sure hope Yaz doesn't get pulled from the market. From the time I had my first period at age 11 until I started taking Yaz, I basically had 4-6 functional days a month where I wasn't either on crying jags every 20 minutes, cramped so badly I couldn't stand, or just trying to recuperate from the 2 weeks before and of my period. I was angry in the 'demonically posessed' way you guys describe BEFORE Yaz and would be suicidally depressed for about a week. I feel so sorry for my parents. Back then, PMDD was never spoken of and was not understood. They just thought I had psych issues.

My first 2 months on Yaz were almost unbearable but my SO and best friend both urged me to stick it out until my body adjusted. I am so glad that they did. After that 2 months, I had lost 16 pounds and my bra cup size went from a B to a C. Now, I have 2 months or even an entire month where I am more clear headed and calm than I have been since before I had my first period. The cramps are now what I imagine a "normal" period is supposed to be like and I am able to work during them. My menstrual symptoms were crippling before Yaz and women who don't like it all describe getting those very symptoms when they take it. I think it has reverse effect on women who don't have PMDD.