My sons are driving me crazy! They are 15 and 17 years old and it seems to me that they came from not another country, but another planet. They do what they want, never listen to me. Their grades are not that bad, but they have started cutting class, not to mention staying out late at night. We do not argue much, it is as if I do not exist for them. Their father passed away 2 years ago, maybe that has something to do with their behavior. So, I want to know some facts about youngsters emotional disorders.

There are several groups of syndromes that are relevant for diagnostic in youngsters emotional disorders. We have aggression to people and animals, property destruction, stealing, lying or deceitfulness, violation of rules etc. You still have time to act before it is too late. Perhaps talk with school pedagogue or psychologist might help. It is possible that the main problem is with your older son, younger one is just copying him. Try to talk to them individually and together. There must be some reason for their sudden change of behavior. Their father's death might be it, discuss it with them, explain that it I no one's fault, especially not yours.