I am 38 and a mother of a beautiful 14 year old girl. I am so worried about her. I think that she has eating disorder. I have noticed changes in her behavior and I am frightened that she will become anorexic. She does not want to eat anything I cook. Please help me!

Your daughter is going through puberty. During this period in her life you will notice her changing constantly. Eating disorder in teenagers is very common. If you think that she is eating less than she is supposed to and if you can control the situation, I advise you to seek professional help. A doctor will be able to help you and your daughter. Eating disorders affect millions of people all around the world but the good news is that they can be beaten. Most common eating disorders in young teenage girls are anorexia and bulimia. Anorexia nervosa is characterized by a significant weight loss resulting from excessive dieting and most women are motivated by the strong desire to be thin. They fear of becoming obese so in time they basically stop eating. Anorexic people consider themselves to be fat, no matter what their actual weight is. They don’t see the real picture when they look themselves in the mirror. Bulimia nervosa is characterized by a cycle of binge eating followed by purging to try and rid the body of unwanted calories. I hope that you will contact your doctor and ask for help.

If you believe she is having eating problems it's best to talk to a doctor for info. Don't wait. Trust me I've been fighting anerexia On and off since I was 14 years old. I am 19 now. Talk to ur daughter about it but if she does have problems she prob won't talk about it. Like I said if u think there is a problem talk to a doctor sooner rather than later. The longer u wait the harder it is to fix. Good luck and I hope all is well.