Hey folks,

I am wondering about this because I keep having these crying episodes lately but I don't think that I am depressed, well, I couldn't possibly be depressed, but I've read somewhere that crying episodes are linked to depression disorders. I think that I am mentally healthy so this was kind of weird to read.

I am here to ask you guys what do you think about this, are crying episodes like, always linked to depression disorders? I like crying from time to time, it relaxes me, I get rid of negative vibes, I don't really think that I am depressed or anything.

Not always. Maybe you had some troubles early on in your life and you kept it all inside of you and never shed a single tear about it and now you simply have to get it out of your system, maybe you became too sensitive so that even the simplest things can make you cry.

On the other hand, depressed people don't always have these crying episodes, some of them do, but most of them don't really experience these things. I don't think that you are depressed, but you should probably try and figure out what is causing your crying episodes.

Crying episodes just show that you are human (and not a cold hearted one) and it doesn't in any way mean that you are suffering for depression. Look at me, I am a happy person, everyone knows that but I still cry from time to time, I need to cry in order to be happy, I cannot explain this, it is like, everything in this world is in some kind of a balance and it is the same with these kind of things. So no, I don't think that you are depressed or anything similar, I think that you are doing just fine.

TearDrop is right, but it all depends on how often are you having these crying episodes. If you are having them every day, then something is definitely wrong and you should probably seek some help. If you are depressed, if you are doubting that you are depressed, you should talk to a psychologist and wait for him to determine whether or not you are actually depressed. I think that these crying episodes can be linked to depression but not necessarily, this is why I am telling you to go and talk to a psychologist, he will be able to tell you more about all this.

Not at all. Not all crying episodes mean that you are depressed!

It can also happen if you have this emotional whatsoever and you cry generally for no reason. Some troubles and hard times in our lives can make us cry and that is why sometimes we think that this happens for no reason.

But I am sure that there is some reason underneath it all. So when you are having some hard days in your life, you may believe that you are struggling with depression, but it doesn't have to be that. We cry because we feel a need for crying. At least I do. 

Hi there.

No. Crying episodes are not always linked to depression disorders. Sure, they can be connected to it but still...I don't think that they are the main cause.

True, people do cry a lot when they are depressed because they feel so impotently and they don't do what to do with themselves anymore.

That was in my case, as well. 

But on the other hand, people who are depressed doesn't need to cry at all. They can be mad, they can be egoistic, etc. There are so many different kind of behavior. I was crying at the beginning, but than I was really mad. 

Hello there. I hope that you are doing fine. I agree with almost everyone in here. It can be, but also it doesn't have to be. My good friend was thinking this as well. He was crying a lot and he didn't want to tell this to anyone because he is a guy and guys don't cry...Same old story. Anyway, I was there with him and I convinced him to visit the doctor. He went, tnx God and he was diagnosed with Pseudobulbar affect (PBA) disorder. Generally, this is a little-known neurological disorder that causes uncontrollable bouts of emotion such as laughing and crying. In his case, it was all about crying. So, it is very important to visit a doctor. Don't try to be your own doctor by guessing what is going on with you.

Well, a lot of disorders can be connected to it. Now, Guest already told you what it can be, and I do remember that I was reading something about that. This type of disorder is also known as emotional incontinence and it can be very dangerous for patient.

It can cause a lot of other diseases and trust me, I really don't want to talk about this right now, because this is not that topic. Anyway, usually crying can be connected with depression, but also it doesn't have to mean.

That is why I support the idea of visiting the doctor.