I‘ve been reading about preschool aggression lately. It seems that children are from early age aware that aggression strategies can be used to their advantage. My daughter is 18 months old now and I am I think that soon she should be going in nursery. I appreciate more information about this issue of preschool aggression. Thank you.

There were studies of correlation between relation aggression and social status. Exclusionary behavior and threatening to withdraw friendship are two prime examples of relational aggression and research indicates that this behavior is the preferred type of aggression among girls. It seems that girls are more manipulative during adolescence. Prof. Nielson, senior author and assistant professor of marriage, family and human development at Brigham Young University. "Preschoolers appear to be more sophisticated in their knowledge of social behaviors than credit is typically given them." Apparently there are children with strong social impact, also controversial children that receive a number of both ‘like’ and ‘dislike’ nomination from their peers. They are the children who are perceived by their peers as more sociable, as well as more aggressive, than the average child and also who demonstrate an active mix of positive and negative behavior.