Greetings! I suffer from chronic migraines and after trying many different drugs (Midrin, Tramadol, Fioricet, Excedrin, Codeine), my doctor and myself finally found something that actually works: hydrocodone. Now in order for the drug to eliminate the pain, I have to take three pills at once, which equates to 1500 mgs of acetaminophen. I want to know if this will have an adverse affect on my liver. Specifically and in summary:

I have been taking 1500mgs (all in one dose), every day, every 24 hours for about a year. I understand that I am nowhere close to the established 4000 mg limit of toxicity but am concerned that taking over 1000 mgs at once will have detrimental effects on my liver.

I would really appreciate some feedback.

P.S. I understand the implications of addiction but I have had periods where I have stopped taking the hydrocodone to no real discomfort.

I'm not really sure why nobody has gotten back to me on this yet but I would really appreciate it if someone would. I've researched the site but can't find anything specifically discussing my question.

Thank you.

I TAKE 3 VICOS EVERY 4-5 HOURS, FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS, IAM OK, AND MY LIVER IS GOOD... WHEN WE BUILD A TOLERANCE, WE HAVE TO TAKE MORE TO FEEL THE EFFECT....:)