Hi, I am desperate! In the last five years, my weight gained a lot, and now I’m 32 pounds overweight. When I try an extreme diet, it only gets worse. I know there are many obese people, and I would appreciate if you would tell me how you cope with this condition.

Hi, if you’re that much overweight, you can’t put yourself on extreme diets! It would be skipping of the first step, and shock to your body. If you want to treat obesity, and loose some weight, first, you have to start with mild exercises, to move your metabolism. Then you have to change your calorie intake, but not extreme as you wanted. If you are taking 4000 calories a day, first week of diet cut it on 3000, the second week 2000, and then you can stay on 1500. With the exercises, and these three weeks of reducing calories and fat, you made the first step to reducing obesity. But then you mustn’t stop with exercises, on the contrary, you have to do as much as you can. Of course, if you have some heart problems, don’t exaggerate. And one more thing, walk! Walk a lot! Take you dog to a walk, or go to the park and make that your routine every day for at least half an hour.