I have been on 15 to 17.5mg of percocet a day for about 2 years due to chronic pain from multiple cancer surgeries. I'm well aware of the problems of addiction, personally and with family members. My doctor and I have discussed the inevitable physical addiction from regular use, but I feel pretty good that my dose has not needed to change over this long period of time. He also doesn't seem to think it has any major health effects at this level, and I feel right now that the risk of using that much tylenol, and addiction, are outweighted by the quality of life improvement. That being said I do worry about it from time to time, because there is a level of addiction. Just looking for feedback, especially from medical people. Thanks.

Yea I'm on opiates with tylenol for a back injury for couple years myself,I also feel that the continued use of tylenol will cause liver disease.I done plenty of research lately and really can't find anything valuable about the daily use of tylenol for years on end although 1000 mgs. per dose and 4000 mgs per day studies are consistant.The opiate itself seems to not harm any of your organs but highly physically addictive and mentally addictive.But when you are in pain, you kinda forget about tomorrow,and doctors definitely don't know the complete science behind it or all doctors would agree on the same thing.And we know they think they are right because their reputation relies on it. So lets just hope we don't end up on the liver transplant list in the future. Are you are doing better? Cancer scares the hell out of me,so I really hope the best for you.Withdrawals, by the way,really suck,but if you are strong,no big deal.About 3 to 5 days of feeling like the worst flue you ever had.All the pains come back and if you are not cured,will not go away until you are or you will be right back on them for sure.. Good Luck my friend....

Hey, thanks for the input. I'm doing well as far as cancer is concerned, 5 years now. Unfortunately the pain is residual of radiation and 2 surgeries. I put up with it for 2 years with no relief, and was just done. Since I'm only doing about 800mg tylenol a day, not too worried, thats less than 2 reg tylenol by itself. I think I would feel better if I could get it down to 2 percs a day, its doable, but means more discomfort. I kinda made up my mind when I started that I was only going to use 3 a day, and still have to put up with some discomfort, also, I usually have a period each day of 10 to 14 hours with nothing, so I haven't had issues with building up tolerance and needing more to get relief. Thanks again.