Just back from my follow-up at MAYO Phoenix. My flow, retention, and everything else are all normal. No blood or pain and only minor small dribbles after urination - I don't need a pad. I'm to the point now where I'm starting to forget sometimes I had the HOLEP - I mean not thinking about or worring what's going to happen when I urinate. My sex life is mildly improved. I can't say enough good things about the treatment I got at Mayo Phoenix. For me, a drastic improvement took place somewhere around 6-8 weeks. In fairness, mine was limited to just the Mediun Lobe and some slits in the Bladder Neck - so maybe that contributed to a more rapid recovery??? I know I'm very satisfied with the result.

For a while before the surgury, I had to self Cath morning and night - and I was VERY miserable with severe retention and I almost couldn't urinate.

Good for you-was the surgeon DR. Humphreys?

I had the HoLep with Dr. Lingemand and also have had a great recovery.

PLease keep us updated with your progress. It was my median lope that blocked the urethra--(as well as a 100 gram prostrate).

I had HOLEP done by Dr. Lingeman. I was doing OK for the first 9 weeks, but then suddenly my flow started decreasing and within a few days it got as bad as it was before the HOLEP surgery. Now, I am being told that I need cystoscopy to see what's going on. I am really upset about it.

Guest. What was result of your cystoscopy? Been following these posts with interest. I had the GL in June '12, Had a membrane growth blocking the prostratic urethra removed with the cystoscope wire in Jan '13, cathed bi-weekly for a year to avoid new membranes, had emergency surgery to stop hematurias on prostate and bladder neck in Jan'14, also found and removed bladder stones and resected (widened) the bladder neck during the Jan '14 surgery. Was good for 9 months.
Last three weeks have had 7 all night nocturia/insomnia incidents. This prostate/bladder stuff is hell. For some of us there's no silver bullets. Hope you are doing better than me. Thank God I'm retired, and my wife is supportive. Retiree.

Cysto was painful as hell. It showed bladder neck contracture. It was so tight, the scope would not go through it. Now I will need a bladder neck incision.