I'm having a hard time finding any urology surgeon in texas who has experience with this procedure. I know that the problems are that the procedure requires a considerable investment in equipment and training. The learning curve is very steep and many surgeries are required to become proficient in the procedure. 

There are a few prominent Drs around the country doing the procedure but from what I can find out, which isn't easy, they are backed up for several months. For example the foremost Urologist isn't even consulting with new patients for almost three months and then surgery would be at least two months after that. 

Maybe that's the longest wait and considering his prominence, to be expected.  I just don't want to schedule to fly a thousand miles three months from now when I already know that I am a perfect candidate for the procedure. A total of five months from now before surgery.  I'm not sure my condition will allow a five month wait. 

One scheduler with a Mayo Clinic was much more concerned about my ability to pay than with helping me to arrive at an estimate of delay until surgery. She stated that the surgery date could be estimated during the consultation. This Clinic is about 800 miles away. 

Does an urologist with extensive Holep surgery training and experience exist in Texas? 

I found a surgeon elsewhere and had the procedure on October 31st, 2014. I have had no pain and very little blood and now a week later I have had almost a complete recovery. To say that I am ecstatic is certainly an understatement altough I expected good results.

This procedure is the new "Gold Standard", easily surpassing TURP, Green Light Laser or any other method of opening up the urethra when it has become blocked by prostate growth. 

Dr El Tayeb at Baylor Scott and White, Temple, TX - already second highest volume in US. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate is offered in Baylor Scott and White Temple, Texas by D Marawan El Tayeb, he has done his fellowship in Endourology and minimally invasive surgery in Indiana university