I'm just under 2 weeks out of Holep and things seem to be going generally very well. I do have some urgency even after I urinate and - (i.e., even after I urinate, I often still feel an urge to urinate but it appears that my bladder is emty when I try to urinate again to relieve the urge). I have small amounts of bllod in my urine from time to time.. My flow is good and drmaticly improved vs. pre-Holep.

In my case, they only removed the center lobe as it was described as acting like a flapper valve because of its growth and pressing against the bladder neck/uretera. The lateral lobes were described as not interferring with urine flow. My biopsy was negative.

I was released from the hospital with no catheder the day after the surgery (hospital stay was under 24 hours) - and drove home with my girlfriend the day after my release.

Will update as I progress. Looking pretty good to date.

Great-who performed the surgery?

It sounds like you are doing quite well-it takes time to heal---blood in the urine and then scabs later...

I'd like to add that I had HoLEP in Phoenix (Mayo Clinic) two weeks ago. I was told the surgery went well. Flow is unobstructed. Had very little problem with leakage. Had a catheter for 4 months prior to surgery. Bladder doesn't hold much before I want to go. Average 150cc, though I've been up to 300cc a couple of times. Occasionally see a bit of pink at end of flow. No pain from surgery at all. I believe the surgeon removed all 3 lobes, and so my prostate is now just an extension to the bladder. I assume the internal sphincter muscles were pretty much removed. External sphincter muscles doing good job. Surgery was 7:15am. I was in my room by 9:15am. They kept me overnight, with a catheter. Romoved next morning, and could have left a few hours later, but wanted to stay for lunch. Walked to the nearby Residence Inn. Went to the zoo two days later. Flew home (6.5 hours) the following day. Have not tried anything sexual yet, because I'm a little bit scared to.

Celebrity

Just wondering if holep gave u retrograde ejaculation with only the medium lobe removed.