my father had a by pass surgery 3 days before,now he is suffering from urine problem. Initially he was fine but now his urine is almost stopped..is it normal???

Hi! I doubt that his inability to urinate could be related to his bypass surgery. The two essential causes of urinary retention are: blockage of the urethra and disruption of the delicate and complex system of nerves that connects the urinary tract with the brain and the nervous system. The most common cause of blockage of the urethra in men is enlargement of the prostate. In males, the prostate gland partially surrounds the urethra. If the prostate becomes enlarged, which is common in older men, it presses on the urethra and can block it. Inflammation and swelling caused by infections can also compress the urethra. You should take him to his doctor as soon as possible.

Whether the heart surgery stimulates the dysfunction of urination because of probable enlarged prostrate as there was no problem for urination or prostate before the surgery?

I had an enlarged prostate before my heart by pass surgery but since surgery I have an urge to pee often, had constipation for some time, and now suffer from burning/discomfort in the penis and rectum when peeing. And it bothers me during the day and at night even after peeing. I have given two urine samples to the doctor and both came back clear with no infection. I did have a catheter during surgery and wondering if that is still affecting the urinary tract. I am taking a medication to increase the urine flow. I'm not sure if this will go away on its own and what I should do from here.

I had emergency quadruple bypass surgery on August 31st of 2017. I had no problem with urinating pryor to the surgery, but once the foley catheter was removed a couple of days later I have not been able to urinate on my own. My prostate was checked and was okay. It has been 6 months now and still not able to urinate on my own. I have heard several excuses and none of them are to my satisfaction. What should I do now?