Hi there,  I would like to share my experience with Urolift and Holep. I have BPH for 10 years and My prostate was 75 ml and medications were not helping. I had prior negative prostate biopsies. I researched Greenlight and saw many mixed results with every one complaining about incontinence or urgency issues. TURP sounded barbaric and old school. I found  Urolift and went to Georgetown University in DC, the only place in the area which does the procedure. Dr. Bandi performed cystoscopy and prostate ultrasound to evaluate my anatomy. He suggested that although I am a candidate for Urolift, I should strongly consider a Holep. He recommends Urolift only in patients with small and medium size glands (upto 50-60cc) as it is easier to push the lobes away. Against his advice, I decided to try Urolift. I was a 5 minute office procedure. No catheter. Some urgency and incontinence for 1 week. It worked better than medications but I wasn't satisfied. Had a holep later and wow, what a remarkable improvement. One night stay in hospital, minimal bleeding and incontinence for 1 week, no pain! Should have listened to my doctor!!

Bottom line, stay away from Greenlight, TURP is ok but old school and more bleeding , Holep is best for large glands (>60 ml) and consider Urolift if gland is small. Hope this helps someone. 

Max 

I agree. Doing my research it sounds like the best treatment depends on the prostate size, the side effect profile and the morbidity of the patients. One size does not fit all. Holep is more effective and less bloody than TURP and greenlight. Urolift is the best minimally invasive procedure for smaller prostates.

I had Urolift done at Georgetown Hospital with Dr. Bandi. He is the best prostate surgeon in the mid-Atlantic region. 5 minute office procedure. Walked out of the office. My prostate volume was 49ml and IPSS score was 24. I am 2 months out. No side effects whatsoever. Peeing like a champ. No nighttime urination. IPSS is 3 now. Couldn't ask for better outcome.

My best friend is a very well known urologist and this is what he told me. avoid green light PVP at any cost. Holep is better than TURP for large glands (40) and has been around for 20years. Urolift and Rezum are new and probably best for small prostates (

I encourage the HoLEP procedure for BPH. Just had mine 4 weeks ago and it's been wonderful since day 1. No pain, small amount of bleeding, now all cleared. Please do yourselves a favor and learn about HoLEP procedure.

is this a commercial for holep