I am gathering info to help me decide how to move forward.  My Uroligist suggests Cyber laser.  I am investigating alternatives such as HoLEP.  Anyone know of an experienced DR. (with HoLEP procedure) in the Chicago area ?  Also considering Mayo or Indiana U as I want someone experienced.  If you had either procedure your feedback (pro/con) is welcome.

Hi I had the HOLEP surgery in Indiana with Dr. Lingeman in December and I'm extremely pleased and wish I had done it years ago when my local urologist had advised me to go and see Dr. Lingeman in Indianapolis. There are very , very few urologists who can perform this surgery due to the high learning curve and, as a result, many urologists tell their patients to have another form of surgery including open prostatectomy if the prostate is too large. Unlike TURP, HOLEP can be performed on any size prostate. Dr. Lingeman brought the procedure to the US when he went over to New Zeeland to learn it back in 1998, I believe. I don't think there is anyone who has performed more. In any event, he is very, very well thought of due to his experience. Best of luck in whatever you decide. If you are in Chicago, you are pretty close to Indianapolis so Dr. Lingeman would be a great choice.

cook meogiwpe

land up city