This has only happened to me about 7 or 8 times in the past year or so. It also only happens after I go out drinking with friends. Whenever I get home late at night, sometimes pretty intoxicated, I urinate that last time before bed. But when I am done and lay down in bed i have like a burning sensation to urinate again. I'll go to the bathroom but nothing really comes out just a few drops. This continues for a while until I finally fall asleep. Then when I wake up I am fine and never have any problems. Does anyone know why this happens? and especially only a few times after I have been drinking?

Happens to me just about everyday. Makes it difficult to fall asleep, because of the unremitting sensation of wanting to pee.. and it is painful. I try to put a pillow in my groin to put pressure on the penis and the prostate/bladder area, and that provides enough temporary relief to doze off. But this really makes life a pain, with constant sleep deprivation and stress. Doc has checked for enlarged prostate and said it's fine. All blood and urine tests are fine. What is the cause of this problem? Please help!!!! :cry:

I have had the same problem for a while. It began in 1999 when I felt I was done but then I still felt I had to go to the bathroom and when I do it was like a few drops or small spurts. First I went to a gynecologist who examined my bladder and was told I had a bladder infection and was put on antibiotic. But the problem persisted. I finally went to a urologist in 2002 who performed a sonogram and a cystoscopy and it turned out I had a tight urethra, which when I do urinate some of the urine gets pushed back into the bladder causing constant bladder infections. This doctor put me on an antibiotic, detrol and a vitamin supplement. But it only provided temporary relief. What really bothered me about this urolgist was he told me after all has been done that this was going to be a chronic thing. My attitude is if this is chronic, why am I seeing you? The problem persisted until I went to another urologist who did a urodynamic study and it was determined not only do I have a tight urethra but I have a bladder that contracts small amounts of urine at a time. I did go to the urologist for a while but eventually I felt well enough to stop going but it does come back especially when I'm stressed or if I drink an excessive amount of drinks such as soda. So I have the option of going back to the same urologist again just to have this checked out or I have to find another urologist. What I fear most is they might even have to do surgery and put me under general anesthesia, which is something I really don't want to do. But I have had urinary tract infections during some parts of my life and I have tried cranberry juice but it does really help much. But I think all those urinary tract infections have to do with that tight urethra and that bladder that can contract small amounts of urine at a time. This is my take on both of your questions. Please have your problems checked out by them.