i have been experiencing kind of acidity since 2 weeks. I had some wine on 24th night. 25th morning when i woke up i had a headache and then i had breakfast and had coffee after that i took a brufen for the headache. after about 15 mins, i vomitted very little and saw some blood mixed with the vomitus and then some mucous mixed with blood. After that i have had no episodes of the same. But i can feel some peristaltic movements often. some growling kind of sounds. I have been stressed and worried since a few weeks. Someoe told me this could be an ulcer.

did you have the red wine? I know it sounds bit weird, but that could be the cause of red substance when you vomited. However, if you still have acid reflux it might be wise to visit your doctor. Brufen is one of the medications that can cause stomach problems to the point of developing stomach ulcers and if you read the leaflet or patient info on it, you'll see that this is listed at the top of the possible side effects. So, until you find out definitely if you have a stomach ulcer or not, it would be best to stay away from brufen, but also try minimizing the amounts of spicy and acidic foods you eat or drink. That, alongside medications such as omeprazole or pantoprazole to control stomach acidity levels, might be enough to treat the ulcer if you have one. Just don’t pass this off as nothing and get the treatment as early as you can – I ignored my problem for years thinking it was just reflux until it gotten way out of hand,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

Hi Nicole Thanks for sharing . I met the doctor today he said it can be an ulcer and brufen triggered the bleeding. He told to take pantoprazole for 2 weeks and see if it gets better. Otherwise wil have to do a gastroscope .

Glad to hear you've seen a doctor. The medication will work, but you can help things a lot by making sure you don't eat things that cause the excess acid, at least for the two weeks until everything heals up. And this isn't some fancy diet, just plain common sense - stay away from acidic foods (lemons, oranges, tomatoes... etc.) and spicy or heavy meals.