As a manager I work many hours. During my working hours I drink a lot of coffee and smoke a lot. Since I am doing this job for several years I think that I have damaged my stomach. In papers I found an article about acid reflux in throat. It was written by same journalist who has sore throat like me. Is it possible that I am suffering from the same condition?

Yes, it is. Since you are exposed to lot of bad habits such are drinking coffee and smoking and stress it is very possible that you damaged your stomach. The harm that is done is causing backing up stomach acid in your throat. This makes your throat sore. Maybe you should check this.

The damage would be to your esophagus, and it is reversible. It should be attended to and treated appropriately as esophageal erosion can lead to more serious problems. The sooner you start addressing it the better.

Esophageal reflux can be caused by many underlying conditions, some of which can be treated with diet and exercise and some of which require surgery. While medical treatment with proton-pump inhibitors is the primary mode of treatment, and omeprazole is available over the counter, you should not begin a course of treatment without first consulting a physician, and you should be aware that there are complications and side-effects as there are with any medication.

Weight loss is one thing that will certainly help if you are overweight, as is stress management. One significant source of stress you are exposing yourself to voluntarily is those damned cigarettes! Stop smoking right now. Are you some kind of id**t? The jury is in: cigarettes harmful and have no redeeming beneficial value! Enough already. You're wasting your money on something that degrades your health and puts you at risk for a multitude of health problems. Stop buying cigarettes right now and start putting the money you were spending into a mutual fund, and you will see how much you were spending to slowly murder yourself!