Adams-Oliver Syndrome runs in my family, so finding out as much about it is very welcome, especially as my partner and I have been talking about having children lately. Can any of you here provide any information about possible hemorrhaging risks and complications in Adams-Oliver Syndrome? Thanks for your help!

I have three children.  I was born with only half of a foot on my left leg.  I became pregnant 12 years ago.  My son was born with the same condition, the doctors didnt know what was going on; they said amniotic bands.  A year later my daughter was born with no feet at all.  I switched doctors.  After my daughters birth I insisted on having a tubaligation, but they refused because I was not old enough or did not have three children.  Several years later my other daughter was born with half of a leg and no toes on the other.  Finally I recieved a diagnosis after years of genetic appointments.  I then had a tubaligation.  In 2012 I found out my daughter had a minor heart murmur, so, as a precaution I had all three children checked for heart conditions.  Next month my son will have open heart surgery to fix a hole in his heart between the right and left side.  They said it was due to AOS.  We all have skin motiling.  They told me it was the biggest and most severe case of Adams-Oliver Syndrome they or their colleagues had known of.  They actually had no clue at first, but even with the diagnosis they still know nothing about it.  My sister had open heart surgery when she was three; they are attributing that now to AOS, she wants to have children as well.  They told me to tell her it would be like flipping a coin, fifty-fifty chance of passing it on.  After the diagnosis I talked to my family and doctors, the symptoms of this in my family passed three generations before it got to me;  everyone else had no symptoms of the syndrome, however they still carried the gene that could be passed on.

Also, no hemorrhaging was ever mentioned during or after birth