Greetings everyone. This NBA session is literally killing me. I don't sleep because I have to watch every game and whenever my favorite team loses (I won't tell you which one because it is going to be a promotion lol) I am depressed. And I should not be since I was diagnosed with heart issues. My doctor mentioned me that there is a huge possibility that I have strokes - adams disease. Can you tell me what this is and how can doctors diagnose Stokes-Adams disease? I do have some symptoms and I hope that this is nothing dangerous. Tnx!

Hey there. Look, doctors do not use this term that often these days. They use some other term, but it doesn't matter indeed. Classical Stokes-Adams attack is a collapse without warning, so if you had problem with it, it can be dangerous. It is associated with loss of consciousness for a few seconds.It can easily be seen on the ECG.   The development of investigation techniques and improvements in the understanding of the physiology of the cardiovascular system have meant that there has been a move away from clinical diagnoses to a more rigid diagnostic classification. That is all what I know.

Hello there folks. I don’t remember that I have ever heard about this disease :/ I am reading all your posts and I see that I don't even know this term. I don't even know any other term that can tell me more about this diagnose. What are other terms, is there any possibility for you to tell me? And also, how can you recognize this issue? Are there some symptoms?  I would like to know more about this because I don't know anything. I see something from previous post, but I want to know more. So, if you can inform me...Thank you.

Hey there.
Well, it is true that I don't know a lot about it as well, but now when The Big Z explained a little bit this issue for me, I think that I get it. Look Aurora, I had a couple of symptoms that I had before and when I went to see my doctor (I am talking about previous period) they couldn't find a thing. I felt like I am going to faint and after this I had some ugly dizziness and I had this ugly feeling that I am going to throw up. Now, I didn't know that those fainting spells can be that dangerous. But guess that I was wrong.

Hi guys. I can tell you from my experience what this is. Yes, it has different name but I don’t know which name (my doctor told me two terms and I remembered this one). I realized that I need to seek for immediately medical help when I faint and when I collapse after it. Doctor told me this. This condition is usually associated with ischaemic heart disease. It can occur when you are older. Strokes – Adams attacks have been reported in the much younger patients, and patients with congenital heart block can also be affected.  Usually, doctors diagnose it because of the symptoms you have.