I am suffering from Sjogrens syndrome for some time. Until now I develop only mouth and eye dryness. I solve my problems by using artificial tears and chewing gums and lot of water. The thing that is worrying me is Sjogrens syndrome possible complications. I heard that they can be very dangerous and that can involve some internal organs such are heart, liver and kidneys. Is this true?

It is not all that dangerous as you have heard. There are two kinds of Sjogrens syndrome: primary and secondary. Difference is that secondary syndrome has coexisting autoimmune disease as well. In this kind of Sjogrens syndrome there are those things you are writing about. Main thing is: as long as you take your therapy regularly and maintain your problems as you were told you would be OK. Regular doc
tors visit imply.

Hello there Benedetto,

Since Gustave has already answered your question I would just like to add that I completely agree with him. My sister has been diagnosed with sjogren's syndrome few years ago and she didn’t have any complications so far. The only problems she has been experiencing are usually connected with the blood flow so she is very often cold. Sometimes her fingers are like ice and these results in pain which is sometimes huge. Usually it is needed to drink double dosage of the anti-inflammatory medications.

I hope this was helpful in your case and please stop reading terrible things online. Believe to your doctor and everything that concerns you ask him. Good luck and avoid stress.