Hello there! A week ago I noticed a lump on my neck above Adams apple and I just let it be there cos I thought it would go away or something but it didn’t. Now I am a bit worried cos I don’t know what this could be! Any suggestions? All replies welcome!

Those lumps are probably swollen glands and if caused by injury or infection, they would go away. Beside swollen glands, lumps in this area could be enlarged thyroid glands, skin cyst, or lipoma. If it doesn’t go away soon, it would be best if you visited a doctor in order to find out a real cause.

What was your diagnosis???? Because I also about a week ago notice a lump above my adams apple.. It's never been there before and am going to go get checked this week.. Just wondered what your diagnosis was??? Thanks

Yeah, I have the same thing.. a little lump probably a little smaller than a pea underneath the skin above the right side of my adam's apple. I've had the lump for about a week, it's stayed the same size so far. I'm a 20 year old male. It is not painful, although I have gotten one slight quick pain that I'm assuming is from the lump although I'm not sure... because it didn't feel like it was coming directly from the lump. Just a little worried now, which is why I found this thread.

If anyone knows anything more about this, please reply and let me know. I've already scheduled a doctor's appointment next month.

yes i also just noticed two tiny bumps under my skin just above my adams apple, it seemed to happen right after i was shaving and i got real bad razor burn then the two bumps appeared at first i thought it was just probably swollen glands but im not sure they seem to hurt but might not be them might just be my razor burn lol im gonna wait a few more days maybe a week to see if they go away then check them out

I noticed my lump last night, located about an inch above my adams apple and very slightly to the right. If someone with experience could give some advice, that would be really great, because I'm not sure whether or not I should go to a doctor.

I have the same, I have one about an inch above my adams apple on the right AND left...seem to be pretty symmetrical which is why I assume they are normal, but i'm not sure.

i have a little ball thing above my adams apple its been their for about 2-3 days now. Its excrushiatingly painfull i cant swallow,open my mouth,move my neck& some times breath idk wht to do but it hurts horribly. Can any body help?? idk if this is right i am a 16 year old male

me too. small pea sized lump about 2cm above top of voice box. painfull to touch but maybe thats cause i've been fiddling with it. any of you guys willing to let me know how you went with you dr's apps?

I have the same thing! I just noticed a lump above my adam's apple two days ago, I thought it would go away and it still hasnt. When I press on it , it hurts like a bruise would. I am getting worried now.

i just found mine, less than 1/4" above my adams apple, to my right. so not very far above my adams apple at all. small as a pea. painful to the touch. I have no idea, I was just stretching my neck and ouch! found it. 24 yr old male.

im the the same boat only i've had it for about 5 months, never hurt to the touch untill only recently. its the size of a large pea and its somewhat move able under the skin, the fact we all have it and are all males between 16 - 24 yrs old tells me its probably not something i should worry about but then again who knows, im going to get it checked out anyway.

I dont have an Adam's apple but thought I would post here since this is where I wound up. I had a lump come up a few months ago that is next to where if I HAD an adams apple that is where it would be. I am now going through the process of MRI's and ENT's after an Internal Medicine specialist clued me in. This is where you thyroid is guys... Cancer? Go get yourself checked. Dont wait on here for someone to tell you whats wrong or wait for WRONG information... Good luck :-)

I have a lump above my adam's apple too, but unlike some people on here mine is almost perfectly centered about and inch above it. It's tender to touch, not painful but definitely uncomfortable. I've had it for months, but lately it's become larger and started itching, though when I went to lightly scratch the itch it would hurt and I'd force myself to stop touching it. I'm an 18 year-old female, and I'm slightly worried about the issue now. When I first noticed the lump, I thought nothing of it. It was small, barely noticeable. Now, after having it for so long, it's starting to give me trouble and has grown to the side of a jellybean. My parents are the kind that don't take me to the doctor's unless it's really important, so please let me know what your diagnosis ended up being or if anyone thinks I should be worried. It's probably just a cyst or something, but hearing from others would be appreciated.

hi my 12 year old daughter has this lump in her throat i took her to the doctor last week this lump is nothing to worry bout it is a cyst but can enlarge at any time its call a grastic something cyst carnt remember the full name you would still need to check it at the doctors she has got to go to hospital they may or may not remove it