Hello out there!
I have been told by my neurosurgeon that I need a ADCF. I have a couple of questions and would appreciate any insights or ideas that people could offer me.

First-I notice in other posts that some people have access to the "rankings" and outcomes of their surgeons. How does one go about researching a surgeon? I like my guy, but am curious about his success record. I am also looking into getting a second opinion, and would like to seek out someone with a great "ranking" to compare to this guy.

Also...I drive all day in my job. How long should I expect to be off work? My surgeon was hesitant to commit, but stated that two months off work would be quite sufficient. Is this realistic? I want to be fully functional when I go back. I have to either work at full capacity or not at all. I am interested if people think that two months is realistic. I can take up to four months, and am leaning toward requesting three to be safe.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

I'm 49 y/o female, two level C5-7 fusion, discectomy.  16 day post-op.  I'm just now starting to drive short distances.  I can tell you that it is pretty difficult to turn your head side to side as much as you need to.  I am very aware not to go off into heavy traffic.  If I keep recovering at the rate I am, feel like I will be driving prettyy well about 4 weeks out.  My neuro doesn't want me driving yet, but that's impossible.  The surgery seemed really bad the first 7-10 days, but after that I made a big turn around and am feeling better everyday.  I don't think it will be so much the driving part, but my stamina is really down.  I get winded easily and need more rest than usual.  I am grateful to have the surgery and expect to continue to progress.  I have a titanium plate and am not in a collar.  I have no weight or prior medical issues so those could of course factor in.  Good luck, and don't expect a lot the first week except taking your pain pills around the clock, I mean around the clock.  Don't wait until you hurt, take them around the clock.  Also, take a stool softener, will help avoid the other problem I had. 

Kelly