I am in my 20s and am planning to get an anterior cervical discectomy surgery (c5c6) this summer. For those of you who have had the surgery, how long did it take for you to walk again? When can I return to work? Is 2 weeks realistic if it's a desk job?

I looked through many other threads but I could only find topics on complete recovery time, I just want to know when I can walk. Thank you!

Hello, usually the nurses will have you up and going for small walks down the hallway after you come out of recovery, best thing to help in recovery is walking, as well you may be off work for 6-8 weeks, take care

Hi
I had a two level ACDF five weeks ago. Two weeks off would have been impossible for me. I was still pretty uncomfortable and my energy level was dismal. At five weeks things are MUCH better, but I am not ready to return to work. I think that at six weeks I could do part time if I had to. I drive a lot in my job, so will be out for about 10 weeks.
A friend of mine had a one level ACDF and had a much easier time. She was back to work in four weeks and feeling pretty good.
Another note: many of the posts are very scary and negative. MOST of us have great outcomes with this type of surgery. Take the posts with a grain (or pound) of salt! The vast majority of us who have this surgery are up and at 'em in weeks, not months or years. Those who have positive outcomes are out living life and not trolling the boards for support.
Good luck with your surgery and recovery!