I need some advice? I have gone through Xrays, MRI, ESI, Facet injections, physical therapy, and rest. I have seen 2 surgeons, one I don't think he knows what he is doing and the other is highly experienced. I know that next step is an ACDF. After reading the postings on ACDF recovery I'm pretty scared. I have taken over 500 50 mg Tramdols in the last 4 months, mixed with Vicidon, Norco, and Darvacet. I have had some serious pain. I have to keep doped up just to manage. I want to know if you feel that the surgery helped and if you would do it again? Is there anything that you would request before, during, or after surgery. I have got to get rid of this pain, but I am wondering about what everyone has posted.

I am 9 days post op from a 2 level (c5c6c7) anterior cervical discectomy and fusion with plates and spacing and I feel great. The arm pain that pretty much kept me in severe pain for months is gone and I feel like a new person!!! I have not taken any pain pills today. The first week was pretty bad and I spent most of my time in a recliner sleeping and watching dvd's. I still have a little bit of throat pain when I swallow and there is still some swelling. I'm not 100% better, but so far I am happy with my recovery. Follow the doctors orders and have a positive attitude about recovery!

That is great! Thanks for replying. I hope that my surgery goes as good as yours did.