Hey. I just went off depo--my shot was due last month and I passed, and decided to switch for nuvaring. I was on depo for a year and I gained 30 pounds despite diet and exercise. I had been trying to lose the weight for 6 months and nothing worked, so I decided, enough is enough. I quit the shot.

It's been a month later, and my weight is doing odd things. I lost 17 pounds in two weeks without changing anything (granted, I'm still on a low-calorie diet, as I have been for the past 6 months). I noticed I had been going to the bathroom a lot more often. I started to look a lot more trim as of two days ago. (I'm not concerned about stretch marks. Thank you depo, I have them!)

And now two days later I've gained 5 pounds and look bloated...?

Is this unusual? I wish I knew what was going on. I'd love it if I could lose those last 15-20 pounds fairly quickly, but is this normal?