Is there anybody who can tell me what symptoms of als may affect hands? I have a history of ALS in my family, on my father side. My uncle is suffering from als. Lately, I have been experiencing strange weakness in my hands and am a bit worried. All info is more than welcome

Hi! There is sporadic and familial ALS. 90% of patients suffer from sporadic als which means that it had nothing to do with genetics and that it is not heredity. Only 10% of patients suffer from familial ALS. So, in my opinion you don’t have to be sooo worried about having als. However, I will mention some of the symptoms of als. Muscle weakness is a hallmark initial sign in ALS, which occurs in approximately 60% of patients. Early symptoms vary with each individual, but usually include tripping, dropping things, abnormal fatigue of the arms and legs, slurred speech, muscle cramps and twitches and uncontrollable periods of laughing or crying.