Hi. I have jerks in my hands. They are like totally out of control. What is going on? What is the cause of these muscle twitches? Is there something wrong with me (epilepsy)?

Hi. I suffer from hypnic jerks and they are very annoying. I can`t sleep well because of them. It`s like an electric shock and sometimes I fall over bed. Some medical experts think this is a natural part of the sleep process. The craziest theory that I have heard say that your body can misinterpret falling asleep as a situation in which your body need to be stimulated. Jerks are considered to be a reflex to keep the body functioning. Like when you die, your body will often twitch. Hypnic jerks are not associated with epilepsy.

Did you guys ever get cured from these hypnic jerks? I have been suffering from them for the past two weeks and nothing seems to work. I am going to take some xanax tonight and see if it works. Can you guys please get back to me? This is really frustrating.