I am experiencing muscle twitches and weakness. It’s started in one limb and is slowly spreading to the other arm and leg. I’ve found that several things can cause these symptoms such as stress, defficiencies, lymes disease, thyroid problems, infections and ALS. Can someone explain me symptoms of ALS. I think that is what I am suffering from.

ALS is kind of complicated, it strikes people in different ways and progression of the disease is often irregular. But I think your suspicious are right. Some of the early symptoms are: weakness or difficulty in coordination in one limb, unusual muscle twitches, spasms, or cramps etc. The symptoms of the disease depend on the location of the affected motor neurons. Weakness of the respiratory muscles, muscle weakness, and loss of mobility in the arms and legs are called somatic symptoms and they indicate spinal cord involvement.

i have recently been diagnosed with polymyositis and primary lateral sclerosis,and they both cause muscle weakness and twitching in me.i have balance problems,weakness in hands, arms, legs, feet and throat muscles are very bad,and stomach muscles are also.i have had to get 18 inches of my large intestines cut out because of a rectal prolapse caused from weak stomach muscles,and had to have acid reflux surgery because of weak esophageal junction at bottom of esophagus.you need to get in with a neurologist asap,and they can do emg and nerve velocity test on you to help determine what is causing your problems.motor neuron diseases are very bad to have and i dont wish them on anyone,i woud have never dreamed i would have both of what i have,they are both very rare to have one and i have both..for your own good go to a neurologist that deals with als and pls,etc..it will save you a few other trips to other dr's like i went through..good luck..wanda 8-|