I have been having fasciculations for more that 2 years. But I was wondering could it be ALS? Does this possibility exist? Can you tell me if these twitches are different than the twitches representing ALS? Do they occur all over the body…. or tend to be in one muscle group and then spread other muscle groups? Please help me

A fasiculation is the result of a contraction of one or several motor units. It is manifested as a visible twitch and In ALS the fasiculation is the same. However, at the onset they may be in the muscles that are weak. As the disease progresses, the fasiculations become more widespread, but a general rule is that fasciculations in relaxed muscle are never indicative of a motor system disease unless there is an associated weakness, atrophy, or reflex change. ALS is a progressive disorder, gets worse with time, so if you have not developed any additional symptoms in the last 2 years, this probably does not represent ALS.