For many time ago, I have noticed strange symptom that happens to me. My eyelids are acting strange, as fasciculations of these tiny muscles. I have heard those are muscle twitches, which is synonym for fasciculations. I would like to understand this and I would like to hear more about fasciculations, especially about its causes.

Alternative names for fasciculations are muscle fasciculation, fasciculations of muscle, and muscle twitching. This is the result of minor local muscle contractions or the uncontrollable twitching of a single muscle group. Most commonly, problem occurs to muscle group served by a single motor nerve fiber or filament. Muscle twitches and fasciculations are minor and often go unnoticed. Some of those fasciculations are common and normal, while others indicate some neurologic disorder. Common causes for fasciculations are benign twitches that do not caused by disease or disorders. This cause often affects fasciculations of the eyelids, calf, or thumb. Normal and quite common muscle fasciculations are often triggered by stress or anxiety. A diet deficiency, drug overdose, such as caffeine, and drug side effect are also triggering factors. In some cases, strong exercise might cause muscle fasciculations, although I do not believe this might be the case with you.

I have "Benign Fasciculation Syndrome", although only those who don't have it consider the word "benign" appropriate. How about the "benign flu", or a "benign migraine"? The cramping can be excruciating, and it can bend your body and your mind.

OK, I've researched and experimented extensively on this subject; take note, because this is the best advice on the internet or anywhere else for a newcomer to this condition:

1) Most neurological conditions seem to originate with a malfunction in the body's B-12. Healing from neurological damage can occur with large quantities of B-12. Don't assume that a blood test in which you have normal B-12 means anything. You can still have B-12 problems with the standard blood tests - there are more specialized tests that the doctors don't like to order. Rather than taking regular B-12, which is hard to absorb, get METHYL COBALAMIM lozenges, which you can dissolve under your tongue. This is the form of B-12 that your body has to convert normal B-12 into. It can give you a big boost.

2) In addition, you'll want to supplement your diet with Magnesium. Again, it doesn't absorb well, so try SLO-MAG, which absorbs well, especially at night because it naturally helps you to sleep.

3) If you get less than 8 hours sleep, you will have dramatically worsened symptoms, and it can take days to get over a 4-5 hour night. GET ALL THE SLEEP YOU CAN.

4) Muscle Relaxants may be necessary to get sleep and quieten your symptoms. Get them and restore your sleep pattern.

5) You may also research and consider taking CoQ10 and Resveratrol. Good stuff for anyone, but may help with nerve repair.

6) Get moderate exercise every day.

7) Limit your time of researching the problem. You can work yourself into a nervous frenzy, which is counterproductive.

Doctors want to place you in the largest box they can, but they won't consider the lower percentage possibilities that your fasciculations are caused by blood sugar imbalance (diabetes or prediabetes), nor glucogen storage disease. You may consider looking into those. Likely, you need more rest, moderate exercise, and some supplements to heal your system.

Good luck-

Thor

i get fasciculations everywhere and i mean everywhere on my body. sometimes breifly, sometimes it last for days or weeks even. am i sick????????????????????????????????????????

Maybe you should see a neurologist...

OK Thor. Thank you for the info. What do you have to base it on?

I also have a tentative diagnosis of Benign Fasciculations. The doctor first ruled out ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) by doing a nerve conduction study. I have found that Magnesium helps, but I will try the other things that Thor suggests as they make sense. I developed this condition after a really bad cold/cough/fever one year ago. Sometimes the twitches are worse than others, so I'm starting a log to find out what correlates with getting better. I've also started taking 1tsp per meal of Unrefined, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil after reading about someone with ALS reversing his symptoms with it. It feeds the neurons that have become resistant to glucose in a diabetic-like condition. Makes sense with the blood sugar connection that Thor also noted. Praying too. Jesus Christ is the ultimate physician.