Hi, my relative is under great pressure because his father suffered from ALS. Now he is very depressed because he thinks that he will get this disorder too. I would like to know what initial ALS symptoms are. If someone knows something more about this I would be glad to hear.

Hi, my friend is also suffering from this severe disease. Unfortunately initial symptoms are pretty unspecific and not so hard. Because of that very often people don't know they are suffering from this disease in the beginning. They are experiencing cramps, some weakness, fatigue and muscle stiffness. With time these symptoms become severe and lead to serious inabilities.

Hello there christophorus,

I can understand that your friend is concerned about ALS. Most of autoimmune disorders are not hereditary, but because some of them are such as Huntington disease, people always think that all severe conditions are hereditary.

Unfortunately, like most of the autoimmune disorders there is no cure for ALS and this is because the cause is also unknown. And symptoms are not that noticeable in the beginning so if your friend wants confirmation he will need to see his doctor and do certain tests. It is better to find out if there is a reason to worry because if he is constantly thinking about this issue he will not be able to function normally. I hope that your friend is going to be fine.

Was his father in the military? My husband had ALS and was military and we have discovered that it is now a military disability?