My doctor told me that I should join some amyotrophic lateral sclerosis support groups. What are these groups for? Is my attending to one of them really that important? In that way can they help me with my disease? I am taking my medicines regularly and do all my therapies. Why do I need support groups for my disease?

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis support groups are very important. Since you have ALS, I suppose that you have learned enough of your disease. I also suppose that you are aware what kind of difficulties you can expect. Therefore, I think that joining in to a group can not do you any harm. Everything in those groups is for and because of patients. There are a lot of information about ALS and managing with it. I am a member of one group and I can recommend it to you.