Hi, my mother is not being able to control her movements as before. She is suspected to have Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)? What are the early symptms of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)?

Hi, my grandfather is severely affected by Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). It is disabling disease, which leads to complete immobility. The ALS disease is characterized by both the upper motor neurons and the lower motor neurons degeneration or death. AS result muscles are not receiving any massages, and as they are not functioning muscles gradually weaken. When they waste away, it is called atrophy, muscles have fasciculations because of denervation. When brain is no longer able to start and control voluntary movement, person is immobile. Menthal health,clear mind and intelligence are preserved however.