Hi, I heard recently that my cousin was diagnosed with neuromuscular disease. I am going to visit him in a few days, and I have to know at least something about the symptoms of neuromuscular disease. Can anyone tell me in a few words what are the symptoms of this condition?

Your question is too indefinite because there are many kinds of neuromuscular diseases. However, they all directly or indirectly worsen the functioning of muscle and their nervous control. The symptoms often include spasticity or rigidity, weakness, muscle pain and twitching. The best known neuromuscular diseases are Lou Gehrig's disease or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), and the muscular dystrophies (MD). The causes can be genetic factors, but also thyroid problems. Depending on the location, this condition can cause problems such as paralysis. Your cousin has probably difficulties with movements. His condition depends of how long he has this disorder.